Legal Surgeries- Irwin Mitchel
Need Legal Advice?
Not sure who can help?
Then these free Legal Surgeries could be for you
What are the legal surgeries?
Disability North & Contact a Family, in conjunction with Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, are running a series of free legal surgeries to provide advice in relation to disability related queries.
The legal surgeries will be held at Disability North’s Dene Centre in Newcastle and will be attended by a legal adviser who will discuss your query with you, and advise you on what you should do next. All advice given at the legal advice surgeries is free of charge.
When is the next surgery?
Surgery dates are as follows: Tuesday 4 April 2017; Thursday 6 July 2017; Monday 2 October 2017 and Friday 2 February 2018
Appointments can be made for times between 10.00am - 1.00pm and will be available in 30 minute sessions.
What will it cost me?
The legal advice surgeries are completely free of charge. If you wish to take any legal action following the initial advice at the legal surgery this may involve a cost. The legal adviser will discuss the costs involved in taking your case forward and the funding options available.
Please note, you must attend your surgery appointment to receive the free 30 minutes – if you are unable to attend for whatever reason, you will be offered an appointment on the next available date.
What issues will the surgeries cover?
The legal advice surgeries will provide advice on any disability-related issues including those listed below. If the legal adviser is unable to provide advice on any issue you will be signposted as appropriate.
- Education (including SEN Reforms e.g. Education, Health & Care Plans)
- Transport (including school transport)
- Health and social care needs (including access to, or failure to provide statutory care services)
- Access to medical treatment
- Issues relating to medical treatment received
- Issues surrounding mental capacity/vulnerability of family members (particularly if there is a dispute)
- Housing adaptations to meet health and social care needs
- Lasting powers of attorney
- Court of Protection Best Interest decisions and deprivation of liberty
- Compensation for disabling injuries
- Disability-related service provision
If you are interested and would like to book an appointment, then please Contact a Family on 0191 213 6300 or Disability North on 0191 284 0480
Please note, as there are limited sessions on offer, they will be available on a first come, first served basis but we will try and offer you the next available date if they are fully booked.