Michael Mandelstam Courses
Disability North are delighted to announce the following Michael Mandelstam course taking place in February 2017.
Thursday 9th February 2017
This inter-active and practical course considers key legal points about adult safeguarding, including:
- An overview of adult safeguarding law,
- Making enquiries under section 42 of the Care Act 2014: the meaning and application of s.42, and misunderstandings,
- Safeguarding adults under other parts of the Care Act,
- Safeguarding adult boards and safeguarding adults reviews (SARS),
- Policy of “making safeguarding personal” and what it really means,
- Relationship between Care Act safeguarding and the Mental Capacity Act 2005,
- Legal cases, local ombudsman investigations and other practical examples of application of the law.
The course takes place on the 9th February 2017 at Disability North and the cost to attend is £110 (plus vat).
Michael Mandelstam provides many legal training courses on adult safeguarding, and has written two edition of the book: "Safeguarding Adults and the Law".
Booking Your Place
To access our online booking form please click on the following link: Safeguarding Adults
To access a booking form in a pdf format please click on the following link: Safeguarding Adults PDF
Michael Mandelstam provides independent legal training on health and social care. He has written many legal books about health and social care, including on equipment, adaptations, manual handling and safeguarding. Most recently: Home adaptations: the Care Act 2014 and related provision across the United Kingdom (2016, for the College of Occupational Therapists).